MailChimp is recognized as the world’s best email service provider. If you want to grow your business you need to have more visibility to your clients through online and to draw their attention and engagements you need send email and newsletter to your subscriber regularly with each new updates of your site and blog. Today we are about to show how a beginner will start this journey with MailChimp to get more subscribers.
Why is Email List So Much Important?
You will get a long-term advantage from email newsletter lists since it just works like SEO techniques more precisely for building credibility and fetching traffic. But the success with email marketing mostly depends on the presentation style, relevance, content, and layout.
Signup for MailChimp
The signup process is pretty easy and it does not require any payment information thus you can start with the free option instantly. In signup page, you will find some requirement field. Fill them as wanted and save to get started. In Next option you will get an activation email from the mail chimp. Activate your account and initiate the setting up process. Now have a look at the various setting fields that you must need to complete the process and get started the actual work.
It is recommended that you read MailChimp’s official Getting Started Guide. The guide will be found in web, PDF and kindle friendly format and you should go through it before we move towards to the second step.
As soon as the configuration of account is done you need to start building the email list.
Getting Started with MailChimp in WordPress
Once the initial configuration of MailChimp is done we will start the next step from the dashboard. Its dashboard shows multiple options to choose from.
- If previously you have used other email service then you can import the email list associated with that account
- If you are totally new with such kinds of service just go for the Create a Campaign option. and follow the steps shown below:
We have no email list right now but we can start sending email to own account. Even if you have a ready list for the very first time just follow me to check the working procedure of this application.
The configuration page for campaign has thousands of brilliant option but really simple and intuitive thanks to MailChimp for such an amazing workflow process.
To give your newsletter an amazing look you need to select a template for that. MailChimp has tons of templates with basic to variable design as well as custom codes are available for you so that you can customize the theme in way that meets your needs. Otherwise you can buy impressive template from the market places like Themeforest. Once the selection is done hit next to go ahead.
Finally while all the above mention steps you complete you will have an email from like the picture shows. Now you are ready to start you campaign by adding your email list but at this moment we have only one mail. For testing purpose we will send the mail now.
Integrating MailChimp with WordPress
Our aim is to explore the WordPress specific advantages of MailChimp and in this section of the tutorial we show how to configure MailChimp for you WordPress site. You can embed the codes regarding MailChimp signup form directly using widget. Common widget areas are header, footer, after post, sidebar and middle of the post.
Process of Embedding MailChimp HTML Code
This process will generate the newsletter subscription box code using MailChimp’s embedded code generator.
- First of all create a list by visiting the dash board of your MailChimp account and click on Lists.
- Crating such list is quite easy you only need to add a few parameters for that. We are showing it using the Copyroll Sample Newsletter list.
- Once the list is created you will find it below MailChimp Dashboard > Lists > [List Name]
- For the list you have assign a signup form, you can use either the built in from or create one for your purpose.
- You can approach to the form for a list by navigating to dashboard followed by sign up form.
- For example we are using the embedded forms option; this option will generate a HTML code automatically and let us embed in website easily.
To embed the designed page you need copy paste the code in widget following the under mentioned ways.
- Navigate to WordPress dashboard > Appearance > Widgets
- Drag and drop Text widget to available sidebar
- Give a title to your widget
- Paste the code and hit Save.
Your site will show the change immediately after you done.
The above mention method is suitable for any types of HTML site it does not dependent on any specific CMS.
Procedure of Embedding MailChimp in WordPress Site
List Building Plugins
Lots of plugins are available on web to help embedding MailChimp in WordPress. Even you will find example of such plugins on the official site of MailChimp.
Let’s have a look what we found:
- Integral MailChimp for WordPress this is a premium plugin starting at $99 for a single site license.
- Coming Soon Pro, Launch Effect WordPress theme, GoalWP and WooCommerce MailChimp.
- MailChimp Widget plugin that creates a ready-made widget for you.
- OptinMonster, and SumoMe List Builder that will leverage every nook and cranny of your webpage to squeeze in an email signup form, ensuring maximum signup efficiency.
The process of using plugins for MailChimp integration is quite simple; follow the way we are showing here:
- Signup to MailChimp
- Download and install the plugin
- Generate an API key , you will find it in plugin’s settings
- Integrate it and you are done
You will be provided with a ready widget by the plugin so that you can add that to your side bar. You can also play with the design and checkbox option. You will have a short code of the sign up form which can be used to any part of the site including widgets, posts and pages.
It is evident that your email subscribers have signup with you as because they want to hear your voice thus it is a great way to bring huge number of traffic and covert them to client. In this point of view we can say email list fetch you the success at your fingertips. In this article we have tried to make the process of dealing with MailChimp easier for you. But your responsibility is to present your content in professional way so that it looks interesting. Don’t try to spam the subscriber it will let you out from the subscribers list.